Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 1, 2018

April One Monthly Goal and PHD update



This month's One Monthly Goal is to piece,  quilt,  and bind a Bear Paw quilt I designed a few years back. I AM SO LUCKY I cut it out last month because my laptop screen died and the pattern in my Quilt Pro program is unreachable until I can get a new one and the software uploaded. For now I have pieces cut to the right size and a photo of the last one I made in a family round robin.

Here are the cut pieces.


Here is the pattern... literally this photo is my pattern. We made this as part of a family round robin,  so I did 1/6th of it. I am on the right and my sister who received this quilt is on the left.

The Bear Paw quilt along with this Hexagon quilt are my #5 in Patchwork Times UFO challenge which means I hope to get it done  as well as part of my other monthly goals. It is also on my 18 in 2018 list.



Other April goals include:

4 more paper pieced houses for my Sliced quilt border.


Keep up with my Pieceful Country BOM


Make bags for my daughter's for their first Mother's Day as new mom's... pieces are cut



Piece my Bear Paw quilt which is identical to the one listed as my one monthly goal

Cut and sew all of the flowers needed for three quilts...Chicks in the Barn,  Crazy Busy Bees,  and My Favorite Things. They are all the same pattern so I figure I may as well do them all at once. I think I need 26 blocks. I am super excited about these particular projects.  They are tons of fun to make.




Now for a PHD update...

PHD GOAL:  12
UFOs completed in 2018: 3
New starts to finish this year : 4
New starts finished:  1

# left to complete PHD: 12

UFOs done
Jan: 2
Feb: 0
Mar: 2

It doesn't look like I am making headway but I really am. I have been finishing some intense tops and will mostly be quilting UFO tops the rest of the year.

3 comments:

  1. Don't ever think you aren't making headway... You are leaving us all behind. Amazing goals..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful work. Definite progress if finishes exceed starts! Looking forward to seeing your pieceful BOM as it grows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.